Full Service Strategic Planning, Best Practice Implementation, and Evaluation Services
- Strategic planning
- Logic model design
- Curriculum design
- Standards alignment
- Literature review
- Quantitative and qualitative data collection
- Questionnaire development
- Focus groups – Interviews
- Automated data entry/reporting
- Database design
- Statistical data analysis
- Report writing
- Implementation of best practices
- Journal articles
- Professional development for program improvement
- Professional Development CEUs are available for Illinois Professional Counselors
When you partner with us, you tap into a powerful team of evaluation coaches who provide support at every stage of the evaluation cycle.
Our process begins with an evaluability assessment. We gather a diverse team of engaged stakeholders to ensure a culturally competent evaluation, one that understands and is sensitive to the program’s cultural context.
Then we provide baseline and on-going large-group professional development for your internal team. Through our dynamic facilitation, your team will develop a shared vocabulary and consensus for the project’s goals.
As we assess the readiness of individual programs and individuals to move forward with the evaluation of the project’s goals; our evaluation coaches meet with small workgroups and conduct one-on-one sessions with individuals and programs, on an as-needed basis. Our one-on-one sessions may include, but are not limited to the development of:
- Program logic models
- Data collection and analysis protocols
- Personnel and activities alignment
- Report templates
- Automated reports
- Use of findings
Our process of evaluation coaching has been documented in numerous peer-reviewed academic journals as a welcome capacity building strategy for identifying unified outcome measures and reporting strategies across programs and large groups of organizations.
Strategic planning with the end in mind
“Start with the end in mind.” More than 25 years ago, author Steven Covey popularized the idea that in order to accomplish your goals, you need to begin with a clear vision of your destination. Just as starting with the end in mind is one of the 7 Habits of Highly Successful People, we know that starting with the end in mind is also one of the habits of highly successful programs! Even with a strong mission, nonprofits often struggle to assess the success of their programs.
- Organizations that are expert in providing education and social services, lack expertise in data collection, measurement, and translating the information into actionable steps toward program improvement.
- Individuals charged with evaluation often have no formal training and don’t have the resources or capacity to conduct a truly rigorous evaluation.
- Foundations who see themselves as a partner in providing services, struggle to align the variation of outcomes measured by their grantees and often do not have a strategy to unify outcomes for their own reporting.
In a world where transparency and accountability are paramount, nonprofits must be able to evaluate their programs and demonstrate a return on investment to their funders and donors.
We understand the demands on nonprofits. And we partner with funding organizations who support the work of nonprofits. As such, we have a 360 degree view of the landscape. We meet our clients where they are to help build an evaluation culture that starts with the end in mind.
At PIE, we are passionate about providing high-quality and rigorous planning, implementation and evaluation services to help you identify, measure, and report the outcomes you care about. Contact us and let’s talk about partnering together to streamline your efforts toward greater accountability and program improvement.